Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer Intro
The Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer accreditation is intended for people who have insight as designers for Salesforce B2C Commerce Digital. Moreover, this qualification is focused on the Salesforce clients, accomplices, and workers who need to show their insight and abilities in utilizing B2C Commerce to build up an e-Commerce arrangement.
What is Salesforce?
In short terms, Salesforce is a platform that acts as a benefactor for other businesses. Besides, being a cloud-based company does not stop it from being the most integrated platform that allows Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions. Above all, the main intention behind it is to bring together users and corporations. Moreover, it is a bridge between customers and your business that allows you services. Therefore, these services include:
- Commerce as well as
- The client’s point of view
Accordingly, this cloud-based platform goes above and beyond in cliental services. That is because it has proven this by its CRM 360 integrated CRM platform that provides a simulation of the customer’s experience. Additionally, developing your practical awareness in marketing, sales, commerce, and IT, etc., Salesforce provides effective, associated products as well. Moreover, with groundbreaking innovations, your business can get one-of-a-kind advantages. As they give you the first look with free three upgrades on their newest technology, consequently, the Salesforce becomes #1 in CRM platforms.
Furthermore, Salesforce provides characteristics that improve the business as well as increase its client rate. It assists your business with solutions that effectively grow your business. Salesforce supports you in constructing your business on a single, secure, and adaptable stage. And most amazingly, it is simple to redo and update without anything breaking.
On top of it, it takes you in as a part of its community that is called Trailblazers. Trailblazers, in turn, help others with their trailhead academy, giving out knowledge and assistance to those in need.
While being as generous as Salesforce already is, it also allows you to be a part of its administration. Moreover, its only prerequisite is acquiring appropriate credentials for the particular field for which you want to work. Salesforce’s Trailhead is responsible for these certifications.
The certifications are divided by roles having subfields of certified exams:
- Advanced Administrator
- CPQ Specialist
- Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Platform App Builder
- Application Architect
- B2C Solution Architect
- B2C Commerce Architect
- Heroku Architecture Designer
- System Architect
- Technical Architect
- B2C Commerce Developer
- Marketing Cloud Developer
- Salesforce Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer 1
- Platform Developer 2
- Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Developer
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- Pardot Specialist
- Pardot Consultant
- Community Cloud Consultant
- Education Cloud Consultant
- Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant
- Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- Pardot Consultant
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
Salesforce B2C Commerce
The certification of Salesforce Commerce centers on the Salesforce customers, associates, and laborers who need to show their understanding and capacities in using B2C Commerce to develop an e-commerce game plan. Similar to what was introduced, the Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer certification is planned for individuals who have knowledge as architects for Salesforce B2C Commerce Digital.
Validation of Skills
The following knowledge and capability are validated with this accreditation exam.
- The candidate shall have the skill of executing and utilizing Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA).
- Generating cartridges to increase reusable functionality to a site.
- Producing reusable code with the usage of ISML templates.
- Usage of Content Slots or Page Designer to progress the look and flexibility of a site.
- Utilizing the Forms Framework to manage the endorsement, rendering, and the storage of consumer-centered values.
- The candidate shall also know about the usage of the B2C Commerce APIs to alter business logic in the site.
- They must use jobs to generate batch processes on systems or custom objects.
- They shall also utilize Open Commerce API (OCAPI) to tailor business logic.
- The candidate shall have the ability to integrate with third-party systems with B2C Commerce asynchronous and synchronous techniques apt for the business requirement.
- Moreover, the candidate must have the skill in generating code and organizing sites to ensure sites can scale while remaining to perform optimally.
- Lastly, the validated ability is utilizing suitable tools to rectify issues with code or formation of a site, as well as optimize the site performance.
Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer
The Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer test is intended for e-Commerce designers who have at least one year of developer insight, in addition to three-to a half years of involvement with a B2C Commerce Developer job. The certification of Salesforce Commerce fixates on the Salesforce clients, partners, and workers who aspire to show their agreement and experiences in utilizing B2C Commerce to build up an online business course of action.
The B2C Commerce Developer candidate has the expectations to already have the information, expertise, and practical understanding of the following:
- The individual trying for the Salesforce B2C Commerce credentials must know how to explain the architecture of B2C Commerce.
- They must know the ways to elaborate on how the aspects of a B2C Commerce site work together with: storefront catalogs, master catalogs, categories, inventory, promotions, products, price books, cart, and checkout.
- They should define the aspects confined within SFRA (structure, page types, page generation, search, cart/checkout, templates, CSS), and the ways that they are affected during an update of either SFRA or B2C Commerce.
- The candidate shall also need to know how to plan, ascertain, and construct an e-commerce site utilizing the Salesforce B2C Commerce.
- An examinee must have an understanding of installing the SFRA sample site and download its code.
- Establish whether the custom coding or the utilization providing functionality is more suitable, on the basis of an understanding of the elements in SFRA and code in accordance with the SFRA.
- Utilize Business Manager to operate an e-commerce site, such as code versioning, site development, data/site import and export, global and custom inclinations for all sites and associations.
- Set up/install and make use of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to produce, alter, and upload site code.
- Have experience in the usage of REST-based API to influence Open Commerce API (OCAPI) together with: resources, URLs, methods, and hooks.
- Generate code by means of ISML templates.
- Construct custom objects and have an understanding of the suitable time to make custom objects.
- Transcribe B2C Commerce script in script files to pen business logic.
- Utilize suitable tools to rectify errors within the code or alignment of a site as well as optimize site presentation.
- Understand and have experience with the usage of Node and Git.
- Produce and control jobs with B2C Commerce best practices to import/export data (e.g. catalog, orders, inventory, system objects) to combine, erase, update, or interchange objects.
The Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer exam contains 60 multiple-choice, as well as multiple-select questions including matching questions. The B2C Commerce allots the time limit of 105 minutes to complete the exam. The passing score of the exam is 65% below which the candidate would have to reattempt the exam to gain its credentials.
The registration fee for the exam is 200 US dollars. The test can be endeavored nearby at a testing community or in an online administered setting. No printed copy or online materials might be referred to during the test. There are no prior credential requirements for the candidate to fulfill before taking the exam.
The Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer test measures an up-and-comer’s data and aptitudes. A candidate should have dynamic inclusion in B2C Commerce and ought to have the alternative to show data and ability in all of the domains listed under.
Domain 1: B2C Commerce Setup: 11%
The first domain is the conceptually based topic called B2C Commerce Setup. This domain has 11% of the weightage in the exam.
- This domain allocates a sandbox setting to the candidate where they have to organize an IDE for the usage of WebDAV to arrange cartridges to the correct version directories.
- The candidate gets another sandbox occurrence and data import files. Here the candidate has to import files utilizing the Business Manager Import/Export modules.
- With the allocation of the code for a storefront site, the candidate has to add the precise arrangement of cartridge names to the given cartridge path.
- Next, the domain provides the candidate another sandbox environment. Here the candidate has to utilize the Business Manager to input a new site to the instance, arranging the default currency and taxation type in accordance with business necessities.
- Lastly, with an allocation of a freshly generated B2C site, the candidate has to give the storefront data structures according to business requests.
Domain 2: Work With a B2C Site: 12%
The second domain in the Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer exam is Work With a B2C Site. This domain holds 12% of the weightage in the examination.
- It gives the candidate a Business Manager task. With that task, the candidate has to work with the product data model to handle products and a product search model, their cataloging, and related inventory and price books.
- The candidate gets structured jobs, such as payment and shipping data, where they have to utilize Business Manager to fulfill storefront orders.
- The domain gives another structured job to the candidate where they have to utilize Business Manager to work with Content Assets, Page Designer, Content Slots, and Content Folders.
Domain 3: Data Management Using Business Manager Usage: 24%
The third domain is Data Management Using Business Manager Usage. This domain holds a 24% weightage in the overall examination.
- The candidate gets a business prerequisite in this domain. Then they have to alter site search inclinations and settings to allow searching for a specified term or product feature.
- The candidate gets another business prerequisite to build and arrange a fresh search refinement and categorization classification that can be utilized on the storefront.
- The domain allocates an error removing necessity or code. The candidate then constructs the logging classifications and accesses the logs in Business Manager.
- With another case study of business requirements, the candidate has to spread the storefront to uncover a new aspect of an existing system object type.
- The candidate gets another scenario of business necessity to hoard custom data. They have to ascertain if a custom object is required and generate and organize as necessary.
- With another scenario of an error or performance dispute and data, the exam asks the candidate to utilize appropriate tools to review code performance and establish and execute solutions (cache configuration, profilers, etc) to resolve this issue.
- Allocated a specification and a sandbox case, the candidate has to organize OCAPI authorizations for Data and Shop APIs.
- Furthermore, the candidate is given a service conformation where they have to distinguish the ways where they are relevant to the development procedure.
Domain 4: Application Development: 53%
The final and fourth domain of the Salesforce Certified B2C Commerce Developer examination is Application Development. This section has the remaining weightage of 53% in the exam. It assesses the candidate’s ability to:
- Program ISML templates, when the domain provides a development task, with the usage of functionality such as local include, remote include, components, and other ISML tags.
- Utilize repairing best practices and methods to rectify scripts and controllers and authenticate the corresponding outcomes.
- The domain does allocation of a business necessity and scheme for a new marketing page. The candidate then has to build page types and modules to permit a marketer to develop a page with the Page Designer tool.
- Next, the candidate gets a requirement to admit, authenticate, and endure data from a storefront customer, adapt the look of a form, add confirmation and CSRF protection, and utilize bindings to procedure fields.
The candidate gets localization necessities where they have to execute and improve templates, form:
- Static files,
- Properties files, and
- Persistent object attributes.
- To guarantee that pages are shown in the expected language.
- The domain further gives a logging assignment and present formation to the candidate. Here they have to write code that logs non-sensitive data to custom log files with various log levels.
- The candidate shall have to have an understanding of integration, deployment, and usage of a provision instance based on a known prerequisite.
- The quiz gives the candidate a use case and they have to spread functionality or apprehend an event by means of hook extension points.
- The domain provides a strategic code that disrupts documented best practices. Now the candidate has to determine the problems and amend the code to adapt to best practices including performance and flexibility.
- Another business requirement is given to the candidate and they have to utilize OCAPI Shop and Data APIs to allow interoperability including an external system.
- Lastly, the domain gives a business prerequisite to execute an arranged assignment, build tasks, and code task scripts.
The exam experts have recommended a series of hands-on involvement, training course completion, Trailhead trails, and self-study in the listed topics. Furthermore, the recommendations for the course to study for the exam are as follows:
- B2C Commerce Developer with SFRA (CCD102)
- B2C Commerce Merchant (CCM101)
- Trailhead Trails and Modules recommended for this exam:
- Introduction to Business Manager Trail
- Salesforce B2C Commerce for Developers Module
- Salesforce B2C Commerce Launch Readiness Module
- Develop for Salesforce B2C Commerce Trail
- Salesforce B2C Commerce for Developers Module
- Architecture of Salesforce B2C Commerce Module
- Tools & Resources for Salesforce B2C Commerce Developers Module
- Salesforce B2C Commerce Cartridges Module
- Headless Commerce Basics Module
- Salesforce B2C Commerce Page Designer for Developers Module
- B2C Commerce Storefront Implementation Module
- Commerce Cloud Basics Module
- Commerce Cloud Features Module
The Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer certification is the basis of learning commerce development. As this certification does not have any prerequisite, it is a fair field to concrete the concepts that are needed in further certifications. At DumpsArena, you shall find comprehensive knowledge about the exams and their corresponding courses including PDF practice exams and test engines. A golden chance to attain not once but twice the demonstrating help that would guarantee a pass in the credentials!